The Lara-Gonzalez lab in the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a specialist at the junior level. Our group studies the mechanisms of cell division and how these are impacted by developmental cues, using a variety of techniques that includes genomic editing, microscopy, biochemistry and proteomic analyses. More information about our research interests can be found at https://www.laragonzalezlab.com/
Requirements for the position include:
- a B.S. or higher in Biology or related degree
- experience with standard molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, qPCR) in a research laboratory setting
- attentive to details and have strong organizing skills
- can work independently as well as collaboratively
- comfortable working with nematodes (C. elegans). Preferences will be given to candidates with experience in genetics and/or microscopy.
Responsibilities of the position includes
- design, optimize and execute complex experimental protocols
- maintain and organize laboratory equipment and inventory (including ordering supplies)
- assist with laboratory safety
- assist with research projects
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position should be directed via email to Dr. Pablo Lara-Gonzalez; email@example.com.
Application Procedure: Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07510
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.