The partnership between Mentor and Student is built upon trust, respect, and professionalism. You will be responsible for:
- Initiating and maintaining contact with your Mentor.
- Setting realistic expectations regarding method and frequency of communication with your mentor.
- Communicating clearly your interests and needs, and setting realistic goals.
- Working with your Mentor to achieve a specific goal.
- Receiving constructive feedback about personal and professional skills.
- Learning about specific jobs, career paths, industries, and organizational cultures.
- Pursuing networking opportunities.
- Listening to your Mentor.
For more information about mentoring, view the Mentor Handbook 2016-17- Handbook for Students.