The partnership between mentor and student is built upon trust, respect, and professionalism.
- Initiating and maintaining contact with your mentor.
- Setting realistic expectations regarding method and frequency of communication with your mentor.
- Communicating clearly your interests and needs, and working with your mentor to set realistic goals.
- Working with your mentor to achieve a specific goal.
- Receiving career and academic advice and constructive feedback about personal and professional skills.
- Learning about specific jobs, career paths, industries, and organizational cultures.
- Pursuing networking opportunities.
- Listening to your mentor.
Steps for completing the mentee application
- Complete Your Student Profile
Register at your earliest opportunity to participate in the program by completing your Student Profile Form below. Registration for students opens Wednesday, September 18 and goes through Friday, October 11, 2019.
- Review Potential Mentors
Review all posted mentor profiles to become familiar with potential mentors with whom you may be interested in being matched. Check back often, as additional mentors are continually added. CLICK HERE.
- *Required – Attend the Mentor Program Kickoff Event
Combining the popular “Meet & Greet” event with the traditional Kickoff Dinner, this night is a MUST attend! Mentors and students will have an opportunity to meet one another through an interactive speed networking activity. We request that you make a special effort to attend this event and meet mentors who you may be interested in being matched with. SAVE THE DATE: to be determined.
- Return Online to Indicate Your Top 3 Choices
Once you decide your top three choices for your potential mentor, return to your profile to complete this online process by indicating your choices in order of preference. DEADLINE: to be determined.
- Contact Your Mentor
Once a match has been confirmed through the Mentor Program, you will be notified by email with the results. We recommend you then initiate contact with your mentor.
- *Required – Attend the Mentor and Mentee Career Night Panel #1
This event will give students a chance to meet and network with other mentors regardless of being matched with them. A panel of medical professionals, academics, and executives from the life sciences industry will answer questions from a moderator and breakout sessions will follow, allowing students to rotate through for deeper discussions. It’s all about making connections! SAVE THE DATE: to be determined.
- *Required – Career Night Panel #2 and Mentor Program Year End Reception
Date and details to come.
To be determined.