A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Pablo Lara-Gonzalez in the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine. The Lara-Gonzalez lab studies the mechanisms of cell division and how these are impacted by developmental cues, using a variety of techniques that includes genomic editing, microscopy, biochemistry and proteomic analyses.
Areas of study available include:
1) Regulation of cell proliferation and quiescence in development
2) Mechanisms that promote mitotic fidelity
More information about our research interests can be found at https://www.laragonzalezlab.com/
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and a recent graduate with a PhD or MD/PhD degree with strong academic training in cell biology, genetics and biochemistry.
• A PhD in life sciences (cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related area)
• A track record of excellent first author publications
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in and bring projects to completion
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn new approaches and techniques
• Collaborative approach to science
• Research experience working with C. elegans and microscopy is preferred but not required
For more information about this position, contact Dr. Pablo Lara-Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF08228
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
UCI provides excellent support for postdocs (https://grad.uci.edu/postdocs/information-for-postdocs/), which includes the development of leadership and teaching skills, career development, and full benefits. Several childcare services are available on campus. UCI campus is located at a driving distance to Los Angeles and San Diego, and 15 minutes away from the ocean.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$71,952. The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by experience level. See Postdoctoral Scholar Scale for the salary range. “Off-scale salaries”, i.e. a salary that is higher than the published system-wide salary at the designated experience, are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions.