Packet A (Basic Science Laboratory)
If you are performing basic science research or working in a basic science laboratory (no UC Health patients or human subject intervention), please print, fill out and turn in Packet A. If you are still unsure which packet to complete, please refer to the gray Comments box on the Web Schedule of Classes.
Packet B (Clinical Packet)
If you are: a) working with Human Subjects (including control subjects) and/or b) working with patients or at any facility where patients are present, please print, fill out and turn in Packet B . The below sites are some of the locations where patients and research subjects are seen. If you are still unsure which packet to complete, please refer to the gray Comments box on the Web Schedule of Classes. Please note: Fee to meet with UCI Student Health Center will be accrued.
- UC Irvine Medical Center – Douglas Hospital
- UC Irvine Building 200
- UC Irvine Medical Center Building 55
- Gottschalk Medical Plaza
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Santa Ana Family Health Center
- Anaheim Clinic
- Centerpoint Child Development Center & School
- Beckman Laser Institute (complete packet if work is with human subjects and/or patients)
- Hewitt Hall (aka Institute for Clinical Translational Sciences; complete packet if work is with human subjects and/or patients)
- Long Beach VA Medical Center
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and affiliated hospitals
- Fairview Developmental Center
- CHOC Children’s Hospital
- Other UC Irvine School of Medicine locations
Continuing Bio 199 Research Students – The packets are valid for one academic year (Summer through Spring). Students who submitted the packets this past summer, they are valid until next summer.
Continuing Packet A – please submit a new packet to Bio Sci Student Affairs Office before the deadline.
Continuing Packet B – please complete a new packet and meet with Kristin or Sherry to go over the documents. This new packet will be valid until next Spring. We recommend repeating the computer based training for a refresher, but it is not mandatory. Reprint the certificates for the Annual Training, and Fire Extinguisher Safety Training. To obtain the updated immunization verification, make an appointment with UCI Student Health Center at (949) 824-5301 as soon as possible. Students who cannot complete the packets by the deadline, please consider enrolling in Bio 199 the following quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to conduct enrollments in a timely manner.