How to Find a 199 Faculty Sponsor
It is the student’s responsibility to find and contact their faculty sponsor. Below are some links to where you can find faculty sponsors:
- Make a list of 4 or 5 labs that you are interested in. Note: some students have had to contact 15+ before they find someone.
- Do some research before contacting the professor. I.E. Reading a journal article published by professor. Science Librarian can help you.
- If the faculty DOES NOT have a course code on WebSoc, please have faculty contact Bio Sci 199 Coordinators to check eligibility by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email the list of professors to schedule an appointment. In your email please include the following:
– Your career goals & interests
– Why you want to conduct work in the particular arena
– Time that you are available, quarters & hours per week
- Enjoy your discussion with professor; ask any questions that are important to you, such as what are the opportunities for own project and co-publishing a paper.
- Most Professors want a 1 year minimum commitment, some may want more. Be prepared with how much you can offer.