Get the Tools and Information Needed to Succeed as an Undergraduate!
The UCI School of Biological Sciences offers undergraduates academic advising throughout the school year. Academic counselors can assist undergraduate students by answering any questions about course or major requirements.
For your convenience, the Biological Sciences website can also answer many of the basic questions you may have in regards to your major. Therefore, we encourage you to browse around the website to learn more about services and programs available to undergraduates.
However, if you are a prospective student, please select the Prospective Students link to learn more about what the School of Biological Sciences offers you.
Long-term Course Planning
Reference to Campus
Approval for Forms
Have a question? Chat with an Academic Counselor!
Bio Sci Student Affairs offers an online live chat service available for students to ask general counseling or advising related questions. Counselors/Peer Academic Advisors in the School of Biological Sciences are available to answer general questions related to the following:
Policies and Procedures
Degree Requirements for Bio Sci Majors
Change of Major Requirements for Bio Sci Majors
Bio Sci Chat is intended for questions that can be answered quickly. Questions/advisement requiring more time should be emailed to an academic counselor NOTE: Live Chat is NOT intended to answer questions related to:
Career Counseling/Pre Health Professional Advising
Creating a Study Plan
Academic Probation or Disqualification
Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling
Bio Sci Chat is not available for Personal/Crisis/Mental Health Counseling. UC Irvine students in need of these services should contact the UCI Counseling Center directly: http://www.counseling.uci.edu/
Mental Health Wellness and Support
Having an academic routine and engaging in academic self-care can will help you achieve your student goals! The UCI Counseling Center is the primary counseling and mental health agency for UC Irvine undergraduate and graduate students. The counselors at the UCI Counseling Center strive to assist students with their academic success by developing dimensions of well-being.
Updated: March 24th, 2020
No Counselors available Thursday, March 26th & Friday, March 27th
BSSA modified schedule due to COVID-19 situation. Please email due to the COVID-19 situation
From your UCI email address, please email only one Academic Counselor directly for Questions & Appointments:
- Joanna Bradshaw, (Excess Units and Prerequisite Clearance) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Bague-Sampson, (GPA Probation/Disqualification and Enrollment Exceptions) email@example.com
- Diana Tien-Chan, (Change of Majors and Announcements) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eunice Choi, (Concurrent Enrollment and Articulation) *avail. M-W only* email@example.com
- Minh-Thanh Dinh, (Degree Certifications A-L) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristin Fung, (EASE and Bio Sci 199) email@example.com
- Alejandra Gutierrez, (EASE and Schedule of Classes) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hetty Ha, (Bio 3A and Health Sciences Advising Coordination) email@example.com
- Sherry Ong, (International Student Advising and Bio 197/198/199) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Schafer, (Excellence in Research and Degree Certifications M-Z) email@example.com
- Christin Stephens, (Bio 194S and Bio Sci Tutoring Program) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio Sci Peer Academic Advisors, (Student Experience regarding scheduling/course loads, etc.); email@example.com
Academic Counselors are not available for in person walk-ins at this time due to the COVID-19 situation. Please utilize the chat or see appointments below.
We invite you to visit the Bio Sci Student Affairs office during open office hours and meet with an academic counselor or peer academic advisor in a walk-in advising session. Walk-ins are seen on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. Please plan to sign up for walk-in 30-60 minutes before the office closes to ensure you can be seen that day.
Academic counselors will make appointments directly with students during this time. Please e-mail a counselor to set up an appointment.
If walk-in advising is not adequate to meet your needs, you may schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor for up to thirty minutes. Appointments can be scheduled one day to one week in advance, at our front desk or by calling the office’s main phone number.
We are located on the 1st floor of Biological Sciences 3.
UCI Bio Sci Undergraduates