The School of Biological Sciences Mentor Program gives an invaluable opportunity for our undergraduate students to enhance their understanding of various careers and, in the process, build a community of BioSci alumni and professionals that extends beyond the UC Irvine campus. Alumni and community professionals share their knowledge and experiences to provide students (mentees) with insight of the working world. Students have the ability to gain professional development and support networks for successful careers upon graduating with a Biological Sciences degree.
- Receive career and academic advice and constructive feedback about personal and professional skills.
- Learn about specific jobs, career paths, industries and organizational cultures.
- Develop networking skills and a professional network.
- Work with your mentor to achieve a specific goal.
- Share career expertise and experience the fulfillment that comes of guiding the new generation of biologists.
- Provide constructive feedback about your mentee’s personal and professional skills.
- Share knowledge about career paths, industries, jobs and organizational cultures.
- Facilitate networking and building a professional network that will help your mentee consider career choices and goals.
- Guide your mentee toward achieving a specific goal.
- Connect with the School of Biological Sciences.
Program News & Upcoming Events
- To be determined…
For more information, contact email@example.com.