The Francisco J. Ayala School of Biological Sciences Mentor Program gives an invaluable opportunity for our undergraduate students to enhance their understanding of various careers and, in the process, build a community of BioSci alumni and professionals that extends beyond the UC Irvine campus. Alumni and community professionals share their knowledge and experiences to provide students with insight of the working world. Students have the ability to gain professional development and support networks for successful careers upon graduating with a Biological Sciences degree.
- Receive career and academic advice and constructive feedback about personal and professional skills.
- Learn about specific jobs, career paths, industries and organizational cultures.
- Develop networking skills and a professional network.
- Work with your mentor to achieve a specific goal.
- Share career expertise and experience the fulfillment that comes of guiding the new generation of biologists.
- Provide constructive feedback about your student’s personal and professional skills.
- Share knowledge about career paths, industries, jobs and organizational cultures.
- Facilitate networking and building a professional network that will help your student consider career choices and goals.
- Guide your student toward achieving a specific goal.
- Connect with the Ayala School of Biological Sciences.
Program News & Events
- Student Online Registration Period – Monday, September 18 through Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
- Mentor Online Registration Period – Tuesday, September 5 through Friday, October 13, 2017, and beyond if needed.
- Optional Student Information Session – Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Nat Sci I, Room 1114.
- Meet & Greet Reception (required for students) – Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 5:30PM to 8:00PM. For mentors and for mentee students who have completed their online profiles.
- Top Three Mentor Choices – Due by Tuesday, October 24, 2017. Deadline for students to complete online process by indicating top 3 mentor choices.
- Matches and Emails – Wednesday, October 25 through Friday, November 10, mentors and students will be matched and notifications emailed to both mentors and mentees with results.
- Mentor Program Kickoff Event – Thursday, November 16, 2017, 6:00PM to 7:30PM. For matched mentors and mentees.
For more information, contact email@example.com.