The partnership between Mentor and Mentee is built upon trust, respect, and professionalism. As a Mentor, your role is one of Coach, Guide, Motivator, Advisor, and Role Model. You will be responsible for:
- Sharing knowledge about specific jobs, career paths, industries, and organizational cultures.
- Providing constructive feedback about your Mentee’s personal and professional skills.
- Providing or facilitating opportunities your student can explore.
- Communicating clearly your expectations and goals
- Guiding your Mentee toward achieving a specific goal.
- Setting realistic expectations regarding method and frequency of communication with your Mentee.
- Being available and maintaining consistent contact.
- Listening to your Mentee.
For more information about mentoring, view the Mentor Handbook 2016-17-Handbook for Mentors.