- This event has passed.
On Thursday, Oct. 17 from 3:30 – 5:00 pm in Nat Sci I, Rm. 1114, the UCI Office of Research will host a workshop for faculty and post-docs interested in applying for Department of Defense (DoD) research grants.
The workshop will consist of a 30-minute general overview of the agency and the proposal process, followed by a one-hour panel discussion with UCI faculty DoD awardees and reviewers. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
- Topics discussed will include:
- What are the strategic goals of the DoD?
- How does the DoD review proposals?
- How to structure a winning proposal
- How to address “broader impacts”
- Keys to success and common mistakes to avoid
Please register at http://ps.uci.edu/dod-funding-workshop; walk-ins are welcome.
This event is part of the UCI Office of Research: Research Development Quarterly Workshop Series. The next event will be held in Winter 2014.