Honors Convocation Ceremonies
Graduate Honors Convocation
Thursday, June 11, 4:30 PM Pacific Time
Virtual ceremony online, 4:30 PM Pacific time
BioSci-hosted Zoom watch party by invitation, 4:30 PM
View recording of Graduate Honors Convocation – uci-sbs.stageclip.com
Click Graduate Honors – June 2020 on the playlist
button on the top-right of the player.
Undergraduate Honors Convocation
Friday, June 12, 6:30 PM Pacific Time
Virtual ceremony online, 6:30 PM Pacific time
Due to the number of people attending this ceremony, we advise
students and their families to set up your own watch parties for the event.
See how to Host a Watch Party below.
View recording of Undergraduate Honors Convocation – uci-sbs.stageclip.com
Click Undergraduate Honors – June 2020 on the playlist
button on the top-right of the player.
After the Honors Convocation – Download Your StageClip
Your StageClip is designed for download to your mobile device and can be easily shared on your social networks. Don’t forget to tag your StageClip using the official graduation hashtags! #UCIBioSci #UCIPride and #UCIGrad
Note: Your StageClip will be available after the ceremony.
Saturday, June 13
Congratulations on your completion of your degree! This is a monumental achievement for you, your family, and your supporters. We hope that you are as proud of yourself as we are of you.
All campus virtual ceremony online, 10:00 AM.
Immediately following, BioSci virtual reception and procession, 10:30 AM (approximately).
BioSci guest speaker: Wajdie Ahmad, Bio-entrepreneur, Dean’s Leadership Council member.
Surprise special guest speaker: Dr. Anthony Fauci
How to Host a Watch Party
Set up watch parties to celebrate the virtual ceremonies with family and friends. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to set up meetings on different platforms. If you attend a watch party with family and friends, we encourage you to screenshot it and share it with us at email@example.com or tag us on social media and add the hashtag #UCIBioSci!
How to host a Zoom Watch Party
How to host a Zoom watch party with your friends and family to celebrate commencement (If you are using the free version of Zoom, there is a 40 minute time limit for more than three people). Students have access to Zoom via their UCNetID:
- Download the Zoom app on your computer.
- Open the app; click “Schedule.”
- In the “Schedule Meeting” window, set the date and time to: June 13 at 10 a.m. PST
- Make sure video is checked ON for both hosts and participants.
- Check Audio to “Telephone and computer audio.”
- Click “Schedule.” A confirmation window will pop up with your Zoom invite information.
- Click “Copy Invitation.”
- Create an email message to all friends and family you’d like to invite. Paste the invitation information into the body of the email. Send email.
- Open the UCI BioSci Commencement live stream in your browser. (Find the live stream of virtual commencement on commencement.uci.edu/. Start playing the video.)
- On Zoom, click “Share Screen” at the bottom of the Zoom window. Make sure the screen with the virtual commencement is selected.
- IMPORTANT: at the bottom of the window, make sure boxes are checked for “Share Computer Sound” and “Optimize Screen Share for Video.”
- Click “Share” so your participants are now viewing your screen with you.
- Please note: Clicking on “Participants” in the top bar of Zoom will open a window giving you the option to mute and/or turn off participants’ audio and video. Clicking on “More” in the top bar then “Chat” opens the chat window.
- Have fun and enjoy celebrating this accomplishment with family and friends!
How to host a Google Hangouts Watch Party
How to host a Google Hangouts watch party with your friends and family to celebrate commencement (all participants must be using Gmail accounts):
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Open Google Hangouts.
- Click “Video Call.”
- Type the email addresses of the people you are inviting (must be a Gmail account).
- Click Invite.
- Open the UCI BioSci Commencement Video in a browser. (Find the live stream of virtual commencement at commencement.uci.edu/. Start playing the video.)
- Once your participants have joined, click on the three dots at the top right corner of your screen. Then click “Share Screen.”
- In the “Share Your Screen” window, click on the image under “Your Entire Screen.” Make sure there is a blue rectangle outlining the box. Then click “Share.”
- You are now sharing your screen with your participants.
- Have fun and enjoy celebrating this accomplishment with your friends and family!
Student Clips – Students will receive an email and link when individual student clips are available for viewing.
We want to celebrate with you on UCI BioSci social media!
Receiving honors and graduation are about celebrating student successes! We would love to hear and share your journey here at UCI BioSci. Tag us at #UCIBioSci to be featured on BioSci social media.